Oral Health

I did my best to brush teeth daily on the street. If possible, I got free toothbrushes from homeless services.

When not possible, I got the cheapest toothbrush I could find, ideally a pack of four, five or six toothbrushes for a dollar or two. If not, I tried to not spend over a dollar per toothbrush because I have a serious medical condition, so I treated my toothbrushes as disposable. I used them ONCE and threw them out.

I would buy a small travel size toothpaste and store it in a ziploc bags. I stored toothbrushes in a ziploc bag as well until they got used up.

ALternately, you could buy peroxide and try pouring peroxide in the ziploc bag with the toothbrush to disinfect it. Peroxide is a non-toxic bleach alternative.

If you have less serious health problems than I have, that may be sufficient. You can get a bottle of peroxide at Walmart for about a dollar (plus tax). It's a lot more at most other places.

If I couldn't get a toothbrush AT ALL, I vigorously rinsed my mouth with water at a public sink at least once a day.