More Brown Bag Lunch Ideas

In addition to Cold Prep Ramen for a brown paper bag lunch to give out at a free breakfast site, you could pack:
  • Organic peanut butter on whole wheat bread, a packet of jelly, granola bar and/or fresh fruit (such as an orange or banana).
  • Beef jerky, potato chips, brownie.
  • Plain or egg bagel, packet of nutella or almond butter, dried fruit.
  • Corn chips, packet of salsa, package of bean dip.
When I was homeless, I did my best to establish food stamps, find food pantries and similar resources where I could get stuff to go so me and my sons could STOP standing in line ALL DAY to try to get three meals for free.

I was happy to go get ME coffee and a free breakfast at the women's shelter, but as quickly as I could manage, I arranged to find other means to keep us fed because standing in line all day with other homeless people coughing, smoking, etc. actively put our health at risk and actively interfered with trying to spend ANY time fixing our lives.

And I had other homeless people make similar comments to me like "Why does lunch HAVE TO BE served on site? Why can't they give you a brown bag lunch at breakfast so you are free to go where you want during the day?"